Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!


I sadly don't have a Christmas prep story this year. We went about all of our Christmas preparations without any big meltdowns. It's strange. We even set up our tree without a fight, for the first time…ever…. It almost feels like we forgot a step to Christmas. Like we left out a tradition. 

E and her Daddy
Yesterday we had our Wilson Christmas and it was great. The kids played hard and good. It's so weird to have all the kids starting to shift into this stage where we walk in the door and they leave your side to play and you don't really see them again until dinner. Aubs did really well and loved every minute of being with her cousins. On our drive home Elise fell asleep after a little complaining, Aubrey talked, and talked, and talked. She had to relive every moment until finally 5 minutes from home she talked herself to sleep. That is a sign of a good day!

Since having kids Christmas has changed so much for me. I have come to really really love the season. I used to enjoy it, sure. But it's so different with kids. Everything is magical. 

Santa sent Aubrey a video message to my email. We watched the video 10 times…in a row…before I finally had to convince her to do something else.  She tells everyone about the video. She is so in love with the idea of Christmas. I have made the mistake of leaving her and her Daddy to their own and keep coming home to more and more 'sparkles' on my house. In truth it's getting out of hand. They just bought another 3 sets.  But every time we round the corner to come home and she sees the yard lit up, it's like she is seeing it for the first time. It seriously melts me every time.  She is also fond of calling everything her 'Christmas'. For example she catches falling snow in her hands and says "I'm gonna eat my Christmas!" It's awesome. 
tasting a little Christmas!

Elise is at a neat age. She loves seeing the decorations and lights. She has discovered ways to get under the tree and has ripped a few bows off presents.  I can't wait for next year when she is even older and her and Aubrey can share in the magic even more. 

Well I am off to get ready for more Christmas activity. 
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment